Tips for Renting a Wheelchair Van
When would you rent a wheelchair accessible vehicle? A wheelchair accessible van rental is a great option if you are in any of the following situations:
- Recovering from an illness or injury that requires you to have a wheelchair accessible vehicle temporarily
- Have a wheelchair user who is visiting
- Your current wheelchair accessible vehicle is in the shop for repairs for a long period of time
- “Try before you buy” – you’d like to trial an accessible van to see if it is right for you before making a purchasing decision
- Taking your loved one or friend who is a wheelchair user out for outings
- Transporting a loved one who resides in a care home or assisted living facility
- You typically use Handi Transit but would like to go on a roadtrip
Where to Rent a Wheelchair Van
You’ll want to find a local wheelchair van rental provider so that you can make arrangements for renting the van close to home.
MoveMobility’s Wheelchair Van Rental program is available from our Winnipeg facility. Vehicle availability varies based on what vehicles are available to rent at the time of booking.
When to Rent a Wheelchair Van
Wheelchair van rentals are popular during the summer and during winter holiday seasons. Families often plan road trips and vacation travel during the summer months. It is critical to book your wheelchair van rental well in advance. The winter holiday season is a common time to rent a wheelchair van, as many families have extended family to stay or wish to bring their elderly family home for the holidays.
How Much does a Wheelchair Van Rental Cost?
You can view current wheelchair van rental rates here.
Things to Consider When Renting a Wheelchair Van
You’ll want to consider the following points when renting a wheelchair van in Winnipeg:
- Check that the wheelchair you will be transporting will fit inside the wheelchair van available for your booking
- Ensure you are properly instructed on how to use the wheelchair restraint systems inside the van
- Ask any questions you have about using the vehicle or securing the wheelchair, at the time of pickup
- Make sure you know how to operate the van doors and wheelchair ramp, and that you know what to do if there is an emergency or breakdown
For more information or to make a reservation for a wheelchair van is Winnipeg, call 844-951-3808 to inquire. You can also request a van booking online here.